Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Piers <pi...@rowan.id.au> on 2014/08/28 00:14:11 UTC

Recovering from failed install - [SOLVED]

For the benefit of others:

I have been installing, wiping and reinstalling ACS for a couple of days
now.

I get the impression that an initial install created network
configurations that were incompatible with re-installation. An indicator
of this was the output line in

cloudstack-setup-managment

# I dont use 169.254.0.1
Detected local IP address as 169.254.0.1, will use as cluster management
server node IP[ OK ]

# X.X.X.X is my real IP
Detected local IP address as X.X.X.X, will use as cluster management
server node IP[ OK ]

The only way things worked was removing the network settings by
commenting out the bridge line in ifcfg-eth0 and manually deleting the
bridges:

[root@vhost2 images]# brctl show
bridge name    bridge id        STP enabled    interfaces
cloud0        8000.000000000000    no
cloudbr0        8000.003048fc6bb4    no        eth0
virbr0        8000.000000000000    yes

[root@vhost2 images]# brctl delbr cloud0
[root@vhost2 images]# brctl delbr cloudbr0
[root@vhost2 images]# brctl show

bridge name    bridge id        STP enabled    interfaces
virbr0        8000.000000000000    yes

[root@vhost2 images]# service network restart

I know have a working web UI and the SSVM nodes started and all looks good.

My advice to anyone having trouble is:

- Make sure you wipe everything before starting
- set keepcache=1 in yum.conf  (so you dont keep downloading the same
packages over and over)
- down load the image using wget and us the -f option to decompress it
/usr/share/cloudstack-common/scripts/storage/secondary/cloud-install-sys-tmplt
- purge the SQL databases
- check and remove the network interfaces - NOTE: I use two NIC's so
that if I kill the public IP I can connect from the next server in the rack

Hopefully this helps some else / feel free to correct or criticise
anything I have said in error

Cheers

Piers

Re: Recovering from failed install - [SOLVED]

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for posting back your solution.