Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by manu militari <th...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/09 15:24:34 UTC

Callback subscriptions [C++]

Hi,

I am looking at building a distributed application which requires for both
synchronous client-server calls and asynchronous callbacks to clients that
previously subscribe to a specific server interface. From what I have seen
the latter is not really supported out of the box in thrift, but I just
noticed the TEvhttpServer and TEvhttpClientChannel classes in the async
folder, and I was wondering whether this is actually what I need? are there
any samples that make use of this mechanism?

Thanks!