Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Clive DaSilva <cl...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/03 16:46:07 UTC

Unable to get a drill connection

Hello

Looking for some advice here. Am a consultant who is really interested in
big data as it seems to be creeping into all my projects. I am an avid
Linux user (since 1998), with a single user cluster of Hadoop 2.6.0, Hive
1.1.0, Hbase 1.0.2 installed on my Fedora 22 box. As I am sort of new t
this, I chose the tools (Hive and Hbase) which resemble the SQL tools I
regularly use, except these tools are better in the big data environment. I
read up on Apache Drill and i liked the concept of a tool which can access
a lot of different file types. I downloaded the tar.gz file, installed it,
configured it to find my JAVA_HOME , and the memory size, but on running
it, I can get to the prompt seem to get it to do any thing. Below are a few
screenshots which seem to highlight my problems:

[hadoop@fedora222 bin]$ sqlline -u "jdbc:drill:zk=local"
OpenJDK Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=512M; support was
removed in 8.0
OpenJDK Server VM warning: You have loaded library
/tmp/libnetty-transport-native-epoll854442872919606899.so which might have
disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.
It's highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c
<libfile>', or link it with '-z noexecstack'.
/tmp/libnetty-transport-native-epoll854442872919606899.so:
/tmp/libnetty-transport-native-epoll854442872919606899.so: wrong ELF class:
ELFCLASS64 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)
apache drill 1.0.0
"a drill in the hand is better than two in the bush"
0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> use cp;
No current connection
0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> java version
. . . . . . . . . . . > ;
No current connection
0: jdbc:drill:zk=local>

I guess the problem her revolves around libnetty-transport-native ? I have
searched this issue using Google and it seems a pretty common one,but has
it been resolved ?

here is my java - version and OS version:

[hadoop@fedora222 bin]$ java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_60"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_60-b27)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 25.60-b23, mixed mode)

[hadoop@fedora222 bin]$ uname -r
4.1.7-200.fc22.i686

It would be very helpful if you folks could point me to a forum where such
issues are discussed, as I am very keen on using this product, just can't
seem to get it going

Thanks in advance !

Clive

--
Clive DaSilva CPA,CMA
Home:  416-421-2480|Mobile: 416-560-8820