Posted to announce@apache.org by Ryan Ollos <rj...@apache.org> on 2013/01/28 08:33:25 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Bloodhound 0.4 incubating Released

The Apache Bloodhound (Incubating) team is pleased to announce the
availability
of the 0.4-incubating release.

Apache Bloodhound is a tool to track progress and defects in software
products.

Standing on the shoulders of the mature Trac project, Bloodhound provides
issue
tracking, repository browsing and wiki functionality.

On top of this Bloodhound aims to provide intuitive support for managing
multiple software projects, a user-friendly interface and simple
installation,
incorporating the some of Trac's best plugins.

This release includes the following highlights:
 * Replaces ticket edit form with a new 'in-place' edit and workflow control
 * Added white-labeling for error messages and basic branding
 * Improvements to the quick ticket creation form including ability to
specify the select fields and their order
 * Various bug fixes

The release can be downloaded from:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/bloodhound/apache-bloodhound-incubating-0.4.tar.gz

For further information, please visit the project website at
    http://incubator.apache.org/bloodhound/

The Apache Bloodhound Team

Disclaimer:
Apache Bloodhound is an effort undergoing incubation at The Apache Software
Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Apache Incubator. Incubation is required
of all newly accepted projects until a further review indicates that the
infrastructure, communications, and decision making process have stabilized
in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects.  While incubation
status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or stability of
the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by
the ASF.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Bloodhound 0.4 incubating Released

Posted by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>.
On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 11:38 PM, Ryan Ollos <rj...@apache.org> wrote:

> The Apache Bloodhound (Incubating) team is pleased to announce the
> availability
> of the 0.4-incubating release.
>
> Apache Bloodhound is a tool to track progress and defects in software
> products.
>
> Standing on the shoulders of the mature Trac project, Bloodhound provides
> issue
> tracking, repository browsing and wiki functionality.
>
> On top of this Bloodhound aims to provide intuitive support for managing
> multiple software projects, a user-friendly interface and simple
> installation,
> incorporating the some of Trac's best plugins.
>
> This release includes the following highlights:
>  * Replaces ticket edit form with a new 'in-place' edit and workflow
> control
>  * Added white-labeling for error messages and basic branding
>  * Improvements to the quick ticket creation form including ability to
> specify the select fields and their order
>  * Various bug fixes
>
> The release can be downloaded from:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/bloodhound/apache-bloodhound-incubating-0.4.tar.gz
>
> For further information, please visit the project website at
>     http://incubator.apache.org/bloodhound/
>
> The Apache Bloodhound Team
>
> Disclaimer:
> Apache Bloodhound is an effort undergoing incubation at The Apache Software
> Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Apache Incubator. Incubation is required
> of all newly accepted projects until a further review indicates that the
> infrastructure, communications, and decision making process have stabilized
> in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects.  While
> incubation
> status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or stability of
> the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by
> the ASF.

Last time around Joe sent an email to trac-users, so I'll do the same now
and CC the bloodhound-dev list with the hope of having any replies also go
to the bloodhound-dev list.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Bloodhound 0.4 incubating Released

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.
On 01.02.2013 18:48, Joachim Dreimann wrote:
> Releasing is essentially a sequential process so apart form promoting the
> release at the end I think only one release manager should be involved per
> release.
>
> Being a release manager isn't all that bad, just a bit of a longwinded
> process where many steps have to be taken quite carefully (don't mix up the
> to: / cc: order for general@ and bloodhound-dev@ in vote messages for
> example).

That order is more or less irrelevant. It does affect the time it takes
for the message to appear on general@ if you're not subscribed to the
list (or your e-mail address had not been moderated through on a
previous occasion). Other than that, it doesn't matter.

(And the vote status generator now sniffs the podling dev list archives
as well as general@, so it's not affected by that potential delay).

>  Automation would be great, but is probably far down our list of
> priorities.

Actually, automation is quite important. The release process has to be
well-documented in any case, and the best documentation format I know of
is a script. :) In any case it saves new release managers repeating old
mistakes over and over.

(I'm surprised the IPMC doesn't require automated releases.)

If you don't know where to start, you can rip off this script:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/tools/dist/release.py

It likely does more than Bloodhound needs, but it covers all the steps.

-- Brane

--
Branko Čibej

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Bloodhound 0.4 incubating Released

Posted by Joachim Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com>.
Releasing is essentially a sequential process so apart form promoting the
release at the end I think only one release manager should be involved per
release.

Being a release manager isn't all that bad, just a bit of a longwinded
process where many steps have to be taken quite carefully (don't mix up the
to: / cc: order for general@ and bloodhound-dev@ in vote messages for
example). Automation would be great, but is probably far down our list of
priorities.

- Joe

--
Joe Dreimann
*

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Bloodhound 0.4 incubating Released

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>.