Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Shashidhar Rao <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/14 11:31:53 UTC

Hadoop multi nodes installation with Cloudera Manager

Hi,

I have to setup Hadoop on 20 nodes for my company.

I am using Cloudera Manager for this installation.

Can somebody provide me a link which contains step by step installation
details on how to install hadoop on mutli nodes using Cloudera Manager.

I found a link on cloudera website , but that is using Dell Crowbar & CM.

Thanks in advance

shashi

Re: Hadoop multi nodes installation with Cloudera Manager

Posted by Daisuke Kobayashi <da...@cloudera.com>.
bcc: user@hadoop.apache.org
cc: cdh-user@cloudera.org

Hi,

cdh-user should be an appropriate mailing list to talk about this topic.
The following document shows some installation path using CM5.
The Path A should be the easiest way to do that.

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CM5/latest/Cloudera-Manager-Installation-Guide/cm5ig_install_cm_cdh.html

If you've already installed CM, login to the CM webui per http://Server host
:7180
as admin/admin (by default) and start the cluster installation per the
following steps:

http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CM5/latest/Cloudera-Manager-Installation-Guide/cm5ig_install_path_A.html?scroll=cmig_topic_6_5_2_unique_4

Does this help?

--
Daisuke Kobayashi
Customer Operations Engineer, Cloudera

Re: Hadoop multi nodes installation with Cloudera Manager

Posted by Daisuke Kobayashi <da...@cloudera.com>.
bcc: user@hadoop.apache.org

Posted by Daisuke Kobayashi <da...@cloudera.com>.
bcc: user@hadoop.apache.org