Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Albert Kam <mo...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/27 14:04:51 UTC

Sensitive result set support ?

Hi Derby,

I read from the derbydev.pdf that "Derby only supports scrollable
insensitive result sets."
I wonder why .. and i also wonder if derby will support this in the future ?
:)

And, if current it is not supported, i think that it's safer to throw
UnsupportedOperationException ..

Regards,
Albert Kam

--
Do not pursue the past. Do not lose yourself in the future.
The past no longer is. The future has not yet come.

Re: Sensitive result set support ?

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Albert Kam wrote:
> Hi Derby,
>
> I read from the derbydev.pdf that "Derby only supports scrollable
> insensitive result sets."
> I wonder why .. and i also wonder if derby will support this in the
> future ? :)
Hi Albert,

Scrollable, updatable, insensitive ResultSets were added in Derby 10.2.
That was an itch that some developers wanted to scratch then. I'm not
aware of anything that prevents someone else from extending this work to
implement other kinds of ResultSets.

Regards,
-Rick