Posted to gui-dev@apache.org by Sergey Zimin <sz...@zecos.com> on 2002/07/16 20:42:46 UTC

Press release for ApacheConf

For Immediate Release

For more information contact:
Sergey Zimin, Creative Director
Zecos Software
http://www.zecos.com
szimin@zecos.com
Ph: +7 (09234) 63406

SHELL FOR CONFIGURING APACHE WEB SERVERS

Zecos Software has released Version 2.0 of ApacheConf - an application that
help administrators of Apache web servers to tune their servers.

ApacheConf is a complete shell for tuning the main configuration file of
Apache web server - httpd.conf. This program lets you easily change any of
the directives from this file using a graphical interface. ApacheConf
presents all the information in the file httpd.conf in a structured view.
All of the server's directives are grouped by categories and all of these
groups are represented as a tree.

ApacheConf has advanced descriptions all of the server's directives and
parameters. It will help the beginner to quickly master the Apache server.
For the experienced user it will become an indispensable administrative
tool.

ApacheConf's GUI lets you easily view, edit and get help of any server's
directive. You can add a new virtual host, a new directory for tuning all by
a single mouse click. Moreover, ApacheConf has special managers for easily
managing some of Apache's directives (LoadModule, Alias directives,
ErrorDocument, etc).

The administrator who would like to tune the server manually in a notepad
environment, can take advantage of the special editor with highlighting
built into ApacheConf for manual editing.

ApacheConf lets you quickly switch to the text source of httpd.conf and view
a line for the current active directive. This way you can always compare how
the program represents the text from the configuration file.

ApacheConf 2.0 for Windows costs $19.95 for a single-user license.

For more information & to download the evaluation copy, visit our Web site
at: http://www.zecos.com

###

AN EVALUATION COPY IS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST

Re: Open-source Apache GUI now available!

Posted by Lawrie Scovell <la...@lineone.net>.
Thanks - I'll fix that very soon.

Lawrie
Posted by Umberto Nicoletti <un...@arpa.veneto.it>.