Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Isaac Hebsh <is...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/17 15:32:00 UTC

Bloom Filters

Hi everyone..

I'm indexing docs into Solr using the update request handler, by POSTing
data to the REST endpoint (not SolrJ, not DIH).
My indexer should return an indication, whether the document existed in the
collection before or not, based in its ID.

The obvious solution is the perform a query, before trying to index the
document. Do I have any better choice?

If the query approach is chosen, I thought that BloomFilters might make
this request very efficient. After searching in wiki and JIRA, I found this:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/BloomIndexComponent

This JIRA issue is very old, and didn't managed to be resolved. What effort
should be done, in order to make this issue resolved?