Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Foo Shyn Chung <ip...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/23 07:09:19 UTC

Using delegator in Java Events

Hi all,

I'm using Ofbiz 11.04 branch as the base for my project currently. The
database i'm using is Postgres.

In one of the module, due to the restriction of using the service, i need
to use Java Events to retrieve the value from a form and save it into the
database. I'm using the delegator to store the value to the database.
(delegator.create and delegator.storeAll)

I notice that whenever a database column is of text type, if the field is
empty or null during the transaction, the value stored into the database
will be 2 single quotes: ''

There's no such issue when i use service to store value in other module. Is
this intentional, a bug or I did something wrong that provoked such problem?

Appreciate any pointers.

Thanx
FooShyn

Re: Using delegator in Java Events

Posted by Foo Shyn Chung <ip...@gmail.com>.
Sorry i think i'd might have raised a false alarm, after further check on
postgres forum i found this:

" It's just a data visualization problem, the field actually contains an
empty string and each and every program that accesses that row will get an
empty string.
I suspect you get that in PgAdmin, and it's a way of telling you it's an
empty string and not a null. "

A comment from one of the forumer.

Thanx and sorry for the trouble.
FooShyn