Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2002/07/16 14:36:28 UTC

Namespace protection [was cvs commit: apr/poll/unix pollacc.c]

At 07:37 AM 7/16/2002, Sander Striker wrote:
> [...]

Teach me to try to read email without coffee in hand, yes sir.

Thanks for the right fix, Cliff :-)

This raises a real question.  We have several tools on Win32, including
the simple Depends.exe utility, that let you review all symbols exported
from a binary.  Would someone on Unix mind dumping the list of all
exported non-namespace-protected symbols for review and cleanup?

Bill

Re: Namespace protection [was cvs commit: apr/poll/unix pollacc.c]

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> writes:

> This raises a real question.  We have several tools on Win32, including
> the simple Depends.exe utility, that let you review all symbols exported
> from a binary.  Would someone on Unix mind dumping the list of all
> exported non-namespace-protected symbols for review and cleanup?

Here is what I see with current head on AIX...

apr-util:

% dump -Tv libaprutil.so | grep EXP | grep -v apr_ | awk  '{print $8;}'
grain                   (fixed just a minute ago)
sdbm_nullitem
sdbm__splpage
sdbm__fitpair
sdbm__getnkey