Posted to apachecon-discuss@apache.org by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> on 2012/06/20 14:02:47 UTC

Re: Podling forward needed: Tracks for ApacheCon Europe - Project Proposals needed

Hi Nick et al,

While I haven't discussed this yet with the (P)PMCs also on the CC, I'd like see
if we can come up with enough interest and proposals for a track like

    "Social & Mobile Apps & Activities".

We've got quite a few active Apache projects and podlings which IMO have a
overlapping and shared community and purpose: Shindig, Rave, Wookie (podling),
Wave (podling), Cordova (callback podling), and maybe even more.

I've included all the PMCs of these projects on the CC so to invite them to
participate and provide feedback if they would be interested in this, flesh this
out in more detail and/or have ideas otherwise.

I personally am definitely willing to help and if needed chair such a track, as
well as provide a proposal for at least one talk, probably about Rave :)

Regards, Ate

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Ouch, I just realized I replied while forwarding the initial email from Nick
which was send out to private (PMC) lists only.

Not sure how sensitive the information in this email should be regarded but I'm
very sorry about doing so.

Ate

Re: Podling forward needed: Tracks for ApacheCon Europe - Project Proposals needed

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 20 Jun 2012, at 13:02, Ate Douma wrote:

> Hi Nick et al,
>
> While I haven't discussed this yet with the (P)PMCs also on the CC, I'd like see if we can come up with enough interest and proposals for a track like
>
>   "Social & Mobile Apps & Activities".
>
> We've got quite a few active Apache projects and podlings which IMO have a overlapping and shared community and purpose: Shindig, Rave, Wookie (podling), Wave (podling), Cordova (callback podling), and maybe even more.
>
> I've included all the PMCs of these projects on the CC so to invite them to participate and provide feedback if they would be interested in this, flesh this out in more detail and/or have ideas otherwise.
>
> I personally am definitely willing to help and if needed chair such a track, as well as provide a proposal for at least one talk, probably about Rave :)

+1 great idea, I'd definitely be up for proposing a talk on Wookie (or cross-project  W3C stuff)