Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/18 23:38:24 UTC

[Trinidad] Skin packaging

While looking at the Trinidad demo, I was thinking that it is odd that
the skins are shipped inside the demo project as opposed to jars that
can be added to user's applications.

I was thinking this layout would make more sense:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/trinidad/trunk_1.2.x/trinidad-skins/
  beach
  purple
  suede
  myfaces*

* - to be done

then people can just drop the correct jar in their web app dependency
pom.xml and add a little configuration to use it.

Sound good?

-Andrew

Re: [Trinidad] Skin packaging

Posted by Jeanne Waldman <je...@oracle.com>.
The beach and purple skins are demos, not meant to be added to a user's app.
They are meant to showcase skinning features, like @rules, etc.
So when we add a new skinning feature, we add it to these skins to demo it.

+1 for suede skin

- Jeanne

Re: [Trinidad] Skin packaging

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
Still +1

[Trinidad] Skin packaging

Re: [Trinidad] Skin packaging

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
+1..  It would allow those skins to be used outside the demo with much
less effort.

[Trinidad] addPartialTarget sometimes doesn't work

Posted by Mathias Walter <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

I've a situation, where addPartialTarget does not redraw the target
component:

	<c:forEach items="#{pageFlowScope.patient.physicians}"
var="physician">
	</c:forEach>
	<f:facet name="footer">
			text="Add"
			rendered="#{!patients.visibleOnly}"
			partialSubmit="true"
			immediate="true"
			actionListener="#{patients.addPhysician}"
			returnListener="#{patients.returned}" />
	</f:facet>

If I call addPartialTarget(pnlPhysicians) inside the returnListener, I can
see the PPR response with Firebug, but the panelFormLayout is not redrawn.
If I add partialTriggers="add" to the panelFormLayout, it works.

Is it impossible to use addPartialTarget in returnListeners?

--
Kind regards,
Mathias