Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com> on 2012/04/08 01:28:13 UTC

test output is sometimes truncated?

Sometimes, when I run a test where I've added a healthy number of
System.out.println's... when the test fails, the output is truncated.

Meaning I lose a good chunk of stdout, and the exception of the failure.

Has anyone else seen this...?

If I redirect the output to a file, I seem to get all of the test
output... so maybe it only happens if the terminal (pulling the
output: emacs in my case!) is slowish...?

This never used to happen so something changed...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: test output is sometimes truncated?

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.
> fix it.  I tested 1.8.3, it still truncates.  I'll fall back to 1.7.1
> for now... and see if there's a known issue against ant... sorry for

Interesting. I use it all the time and never spotted truncated output.

D.

Re: test output is sometimes truncated?

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
1.8.2

Though... that is a recent change (I was using 1.7.1 previously)...
lemme revert that and see if it fixes the truncation.  Grrr: that does
fix it.  I tested 1.8.3, it still truncates.  I'll fall back to 1.7.1
for now... and see if there's a known issue against ant... sorry for
the noise.

Can't wait for LUCENE-3808!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com