Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Jeff <pr...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/12 22:56:05 UTC

I'm using Netbeans 7.2 and used to get indexes of Maven Central (I thought)
through the Archiva indexes until Central changed some requirement
(USER-AGENT?).

I have been anticipating 1.4-M3 hoping this would fix it, but I'm still not
getting indexes pulled (that I am aware of).  How do I tell they are even
being generated and available on Archiva?  I've forced everything related
to repository scanning and such.

Thoughts?

--
Jeff Vincent
predatorvi@gmail.com

Re: Indexes ...

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2012/10/15 Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>:
> 2012/10/14 Jeff <pr...@gmail.com>:
>> I found a note in the best practices for NetBeans and Maven that said:
>>
>> *"Since version 3.1, the Maven integration is using **the
>> **Nexus*<http://nexus.sonatype.org/>
>> * indexing engine** for indexing the local repository. At the same time it
>> can download zipped Nexus indexes from remote locations. "*
> This is the Maven indexer project
>

>> I haven't found anything that tells me how to configure where NetBeans
>> looks for indexes.  The repository properties appear to be read only.
>>
>> For now, I can manually add central, but I would definitely be nice if
>> Archiva could be my canonical source for all maven artifacts and indexes.
>>  I inferred that is what the "Merged Indexes" for the Repository Group
>> would give me.  I guess I misunderstood.
>>
>> Regardless, I still don't see the .indexer path.   My Archiva instance is
>> running with 2GB Ram assigned to Tomcat so I would think it would handle
>> the merging just fine.
> I think I have an idea for you :-).
> BTW on the server side you must have some .indexCache directories
> which contains.
> But I will expose that for download see
> https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1693
> I'm working on that currently. I will let you know when it's finished.

Sample here https://archiva-repository.apache.org/archiva/repository/central/.index/

You will have remote index with the following url
http://archiva/repostory/remoterepoId/.index/

Let me know if that work for netbeans.

Re: Indexes ...

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.