Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Machiel Groeneveld <ma...@tty.nl> on 2004/11/18 16:34:02 UTC

jboss tmp directory

Hi,

I'm trying to copy files to multiple directories. The problem is that I
don't know their names beforehand.

There are always few dirs (for example tmp26155appname, tmp96125appname)
to all of which I want to copy my files.

The case is copying my jsp files to the tmp directories in jboss.
Something like this:

<copy
todir="${jboss.home}/server/default/tmp/deploy/*application.ear-contents/admin-web.war/WEB-INF/jspf"

            <fileset dir="web/admin/jspf"></fileset>
</copy>

The problem is (of course) that todir doesn't know how to resolve the
'*' and creates the dir *application.ear-contents.

I know this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find this
exact use case in the mailing list.

Thanks.

Re: jboss tmp directory

Posted by Stephane Bailliez <sb...@apache.org>.
Machiel Groeneveld wrote:
[...]
> The problem is (of course) that todir doesn't know how to resolve the
> '*' and creates the dir *application.ear-contents.
>
> I know this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find this
> exact use case in the mailing list.

I would suggest you to do things differently.

Generally I have found it to be a good thing to have an exploded view of
your ears and wars during the build process and simply war/ear it with
different targets.

This is good to me because I have an exploded version of what's to be
included (easier to look at) and this is good for the development
process as well (redeploying even a moderate app can take minutes).

JBoss (like every app server I know) allows you to deploy an exploded
version of an ear or war, therefore having a simple target that deploys
(ie copy) the exploded version of the ear to your
jboss.home/server/default/deploy or whatever will streamline things and
you will be able to update your jsps without redeploying the whole app.

http://jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ExplodedDeployment