Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Terrence Brannon <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2000/05/22 15:51:39 UTC

%idat does not seem to bind

I have a multi-screen web application and I wrote a
little macro to copy fdat to udat that I Execute on
each page:
[$ foreach $key (keys %fdat) $]
        [- $udat{$key} = $fdat{$key} -]
[$ endforeach $]

but then I looked closer at the docs and noticed
something called %idat which seems to do this
automatically from page to page....

however, by the third screen, it was empty and my
macro had done it's job.

Any input into why %idat is empty and hence doesnt
equal what I copied into %udat?

=====
Terrence Brannon
90 St. Mark's Place
Apt. 2E North
Staten Island, NY 10301
914-755-4360

http://im.yahoo.com/

RE: %idat does not seem to bind

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I have a multi-screen web application and I wrote a
> little macro to copy fdat to udat that I Execute on
> each page:
> [$ foreach $key (keys %fdat) $]
>         [- $udat{$key} = $fdat{$key} -]
> [$ endforeach $]
>
> but then I looked closer at the docs and noticed
> something called %idat which seems to do this
> automatically from page to page....
>
> however, by the third screen, it was empty and my
> macro had done it's job.
>
> Any input into why %idat is empty and hence doesnt
> equal what I copied into %udat?

%idat contains the input fields on the page you are just in:

If you have

 <INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME="A" VALUE="1">
 <INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME="B" VALUE="2">

in your page

%idat will contain A => 1 and B => 2

if you look at it after these two inputs. It will _not_ persist to any
following page. You may use [$ hidden $9 to generate hidden form fields out
of the values in %fdat to get them to the next page.

Gerald

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151