Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Heather Kersten <he...@srttel.com> on 2008/02/10 19:42:35 UTC

Roller Development

Hi,

I am running your 5 minute installation of Roller on our test server. It works great on JBoss 4.0.1 and JDK 1.5. I am having a problem changing any of the java source code files. I created a project in Netbeans and can get it to compile. I deploy it to JBoss and it deploys, but nothing runs. I get a 404 screen. So then I just tried to modify the roller-web.jar file and place it back on the server and I get compile problems. PLEASE guide me in the right direction to get the source code working. Thanks!

Heather

Re: Roller Development

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 10, 2008 1:42 PM, Heather Kersten <he...@srttel.com> wrote:
> I am running your 5 minute installation of Roller on our test server. It works great on JBoss 4.0.1 and JDK 1.5. I am having a problem changing any of the java source code files. I created a project in Netbeans and can get it to compile. I deploy it to JBoss and it deploys, but nothing runs. I get a 404 screen. So then I just tried to modify the roller-web.jar file and place it back on the server and I get compile problems. PLEASE guide me in the right direction to get the source code working. Thanks!

There are instructions for building and deploying the results of a build here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/Build+Guide

- Dave