Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Alexandre Torres <al...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/27 16:37:05 UTC

mask converter

Hi.
Not long ago I have posted a doubt about mask where I wanted to remove
formatting characters like "- / ..."
ex:
zip code 01234-123
(submited)
01234123
(persisted)

After some play with validator I think that it should not touch the form
results submited, and the best solution would be make a converter that takes
a masked value and outputs the unmasked value. Something like a converter or
converter decorator that uses masks.
I take a look in a sun's mask class called MaskFormatter. I searching for
something like this, but it's a swing class, I can't risk using it in server
applications.
What do you think of this ?