Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Penumbra <pe...@yahoo.com> on 2012/11/04 16:36:39 UTC

Building Apache.Qpid.Interop .Net DLL

Could someone help me to build the Apache.Qpid.Interop .Net DLL?

I have installed

- Linux qpidd.
- MonoDevelop for Microsoft Windows 3.0.3.5
- Microsoft .Net Framework Version 1.1
- Microsoft .Net Framework SDK Version 1.1

MonoDevelop cannot handle the CPlusPlus build.   I have no recent experience using Microsoft .Net.

Thanks
--scott c.

Re: Building Apache.Qpid.Interop .Net DLL

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Scott,

Glad to hear you got the DLL built. As for why the C++ code is needed -
yes, the broker and C++ client share a lot of code, but also, the WCF API
is built over the C++ client.

-Steve

Posted by Penumbra <pe...@yahoo.com>.
I was able to build it using Microshaft Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop.

Why does the Apache.Qpid.Interop .NET build require the source code for the Qpid server?  Is it because it share the same protocol?  It seems to me that there should be a separation of interests during the .NET build process.
2>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Interop, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
>2>          1 file(s) copied.
>2>  AmqpConnection.cpp
>2>  AmqpMessage.cpp