Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Sarah Wilkes <de...@yahoo.com> on 2014/04/16 07:18:10 UTC

Dyslxic option

Hello support

Sarah
I have learned to write after sixty years. With
Windows XP and MS Office Word with speech and spell checker.
I would love to use Open Office but need a voice
reader to aid with understanding the words and flow of the stories I
write.
Is anyone working on open office text writer to add
a speech option (I would love to test it)
Here's how I do the work around of my Dyslxic; I
write the story run spell check and then read the story then have the computer
reads it to me. My reading can't see the errors but with my ears I can hear the
errors.
deweyblues04@yahoo.com
Sarah Wilkes retired 65y on fixed
income.
Any help Please

 --/
   / Sarah Wilkes
   / If you need to find me, look where the rainbow touches the ground.
  /--

Re: Dyslxic option

Posted by d a n i e l h u c h e r o t <da...@hucherot.com>.
Hola Jack, NVDA is a NonVisual Desktop Access.
You have informations with this project here http://www.nvaccess.org/
Feliz Semana Santa Daniel

Le 18/04/2014 10:31, japples a écrit :
> Hi, Daniel, could you be more specific about NVDA (Open Soft) or maybe
> provide a link?
> Thank you, Jack
>
> d a n i e l h u c h e r o t wrote:
>> Le 16/04/2014 07:46, japples a écrit :
>>
> I suggest NVDA (Open Soft).
> Daniel
>
>>> Here is a program I use . . . http://www.naturalreaders.com/  Jack

Daniel HUCHEROT LICORN SYSTEMES
Les Cistes - Bât D
200, avenue Jean Bartolini
83130 LA GARDE
mob : 0626376486 fix : 0966132319
www.hucherot.com <http://www.hucherot.com/>

Re: Dyslxic option

Posted by japples <ja...@europa.com>.

Re: Dyslxic option

Posted by d a n i e l h u c h e r o t <da...@hucherot.com>.
Le 16/04/2014 07:46, japples a écrit :
> Here is a program I use . . . http://www.naturalreaders.com/
> Jack
>

> Sarah Wilkes wrote:
>> Hello support
>>
>> Sarah
>> I have learned to write after sixty years. With Windows XP and MS
>> Office Word with speech and spell checker.
>> I would love to use Open Office but need a voice reader to aid with
>> understanding the words and flow of the stories I write.
>> Is anyone working on open office text writer to add a speech option (I
>> would love to test it)
>> Here's how I do the work around of my Dyslxic; I write the story run
>> spell check and then read the story then have the computer reads it to
>> me. My reading can't see the errors but with my ears I can hear the
>> errors.
>> deweyblues04@yahoo.com Sarah Wilkes retired 65y on fixed income.
>> Any help Please
>>  --/    / Sarah Wilkes    / If you need to find me, look where the
>> rainbow touches the ground.   /--

I suggest NVDA (Open Soft).
Daniel

Re: Dyslxic option