Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brent Andrewsen <ba...@novell.com> on 2005/11/03 17:11:14 UTC

Re: "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread" after recompiling the kernel to 2.6.11.3

Can you give us some details ....

Tomcat version
Distro
Tomcat compiled or binary install?
Vanilla Tomcat installation or other applications installed?

Brent

_______________________________

Brent Andrewsen
Web Application Engineer
bandrewsen@novell.com
Office: (801) 861-2909

Novell, Inc.
Software for the Open Enterprise
www.novell.com/open

>>> Akhthar Parvez K <ak...@gmail.com> 11/02/05 1:54 pm >>>
Hi all,

I am getting the error message "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to
createnew native thread" when I start tomcat on kernel 2.6.11.3
<http://2.6.11.3>.
it was not up for not even a second. Can anyone tell me how can I ifx
the
issue.

I wanted to upgrade the kernel on the server as I noticed that swap was
not
being in the old 2.4 kernel(default kernel). All of your suggestions
are
appreciated.

Akhthar Parvez K

Re: "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread" after recompiling the kernel to 2.6.11.3

Posted by Akhthar Parvez K <ak...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brend and others

Tomcat version: 5.5.9
this is a compiled one(souce from jakarta.apache.org<http://jakarta.apache.org>
)
it's working with apache1.33 using AJP1.3 connector

Please can anyone shed some light on this?

On 11/3/05, Brent Andrewsen <ba...@novell.com> wrote:

> Can you give us some details ....
>
> Tomcat version
> Distro
> Tomcat compiled or binary install?
> Vanilla Tomcat installation or other applications installed?
>
> Brent
>

> _______________________________
>
> Brent Andrewsen
> Web Application Engineer
> bandrewsen@novell.com
> Office: (801) 861-2909
>
> Novell, Inc.
> Software for the Open Enterprise
> www.novell.com/open <http://www.novell.com/open>

> Hi all,
>
> I am getting the error message "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to
> createnew native thread" when I start tomcat on kernel 2.6.11.3<http://2.6.11.3>
> <http://2.6.11.3>.
> it was not up for not even a second. Can anyone tell me how can I ifx
> the
> issue.
>
> I wanted to upgrade the kernel on the server as I noticed that swap was
> not
> being in the old 2.4 kernel(default kernel). All of your suggestions
> are
> appreciated.
>
> --
> Regards,