Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2011/02/22 17:12:55 UTC

[DISCUSS] remove URLs from our ScannerService SPI interface?

Hi!

I again and again find errors in scannotation. Some of them are caused by using an URL also for files which causes 'funny' things like new File(url.getPath())

If the path contains a space then the URL contains %20.
Also, URLs are pretty error prone and sometimes causes bad problems with opening connections on some method invocations (e.g. URL#equals is a really bad thing!)

Thus we should imo really get rid of them in the ScannerService.

I'd rather like to drop all that sh*t and invoke AnnotationDB#scanClass(InputStream) directly.

wdyt?

LieGrue,
strub

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OWB-524

Re: [DISCUSS] remove URLs from our ScannerService SPI interface?

Posted by Gerhard <ge...@gmail.com>.
+1

no
   new URL(...)
and if we really need it, we should provide an UrlTransformer spi.

regards,
gerhard

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -