Posted to bcel-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Sh...@lotus.com on 2001/12/01 00:14:16 UTC

Xalan/XSLTC use of Jakarta version of BCEL

So, now that BCEL is an official Jakarta project, when should the
Xalan/XSLTC team start using that version instead of our crufty old
checked-in one?  It seems to be happy in the nightly Gump runs, although
I'm a tad confused why there are two two of them:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/jakarta-bcel.html
  http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/bcel.html

(I also don't quite get why http://jakarta.apache.org/bcel/faq.html still
says it's covered under LGPL, but that's a different question)  Of course
we'll have to figure out a reliable way to use bcel.jar from the xalan
build.xml script; whether we want to somehow reference the live code in the
bcel area or simply want to check in an updated .jar file.

- Shane

Re: Xalan/XSLTC use of Jakarta version of BCEL

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On 11/30/01 6:14 PM, "Shane_Curcuru@lotus.com" <Sh...@lotus.com>
wrote:

> So, now that BCEL is an official Jakarta project, when should the
> Xalan/XSLTC team start using that version instead of our crufty old
> checked-in one?  It seems to be happy in the nightly Gump runs, although
> I'm a tad confused why there are two two of them:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/jakarta-bcel.html
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/bcel.html

One descriptor is for bcel as it was at SourceForge, the other is for what
we now have at Jakarta. There are probably still some projects using the old
package space I suppose.

> (I also don't quite get why http://jakarta.apache.org/bcel/faq.html still
> says it's covered under LGPL, but that's a different question)

Whoops.  Just haven't updated the docs, it's all ASF code now.

> Of course
> we'll have to figure out a reliable way to use bcel.jar from the xalan
> build.xml script; whether we want to somehow reference the live code in the
> bcel area or simply want to check in an updated .jar file.
>
> - Shane

jvz.

Jason van Zyl

http://tambora.zenplex.org