Posted to log4net-dev@logging.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2011/10/05 11:24:38 UTC

WebSite for 1.2.11 - Please Review

Hi all,

I've created and uploaded the website that I've adapted for the 1.2.11
release.  As it contains a few bigger changes I'd like you to review
those before I build the release and call for an official vote (planned
for tomorrow in my timezone unless any sort of blocker is found prior to
that).

The site is at <http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/log4net/site/> in
particular please review the release notes
<http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/log4net/site/release/release-notes.html>
the new download page
<http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/log4net/site/download.html> (links
certainly don't work) and the two new FAQ entries
<http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/log4net/site/release/faq.html#two-snks>
and
<http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/log4net/site/release/faq.html#log-early>.

Thanks

        Stefan

Re: WebSite for 1.2.11 - Please Review

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-10-05, Dominik Psenner wrote:

> I'm going back into my hideout ..

No reason to.

> sorry for the noise.

Sorry if I sounded harsh and thank you for your feedback.

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.
I'm going back into my hideout .. sorry for the noise.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.
>At least it has now been proof-read by two Germans and at least one
>other non-native-speaker - Dominik said he was kind-of-German.

:-) I believe that it's time to clear up some things. I was born in Italy
and live there until here and now. Nevertheless, my mother tongue is German.
Due to the fact that I'm a citizen of Italy I speak Italian too and as last
but not least I got used to speak English as for my profession.

The only thing I found in the FAQ was a fault of mine, which means I
probably did not read it careful enough to find any objections. :-) The FAQ
is probably going to be fine.

Regards,
D.

Re: WebSite for 1.2.11 - Please Review

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-10-05, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> I looked at all pages, nothing found. I have checked brandmark
> requirements, all well.

Thanks

> Just a minor thing, not important: if you go to this link:
> http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/log4net/site/issue-tracking.html
> Issue tracking is 2 times in the navigation. Not a problem, but one
> time is better.

Hmm, this is mvn's site generation.  I somehow need to suppress the
Issue Tracking page from "Project Documentation".  Will look into this
after the release.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hello Stefan,

> The site is at <http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/log4net/site/> in
> particular please review the release notes
> <http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/log4net/site/release/release-notes.html>
> the new download page
> <http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/log4net/site/download.html> (links
> certainly don't work) and the two new FAQ entries
> <http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/log4net/site/release/faq.html#two-snks>
> and
> <http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/log4net/site/release/faq.html#log-early>.

I looked at all pages, nothing found. I have checked brandmark
requirements, all well.
Just a minor thing, not important: if you go to this link:
http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/log4net/site/issue-tracking.html
Issue tracking is 2 times in the navigation. Not a problem, but one
time is better.

On the content of the FAQ/Release notes I have no idea :-)

Cheers,
Christian