Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Je...@dbv-winterthur.de on 2004/06/25 08:55:02 UTC

Tomcat 5 + SSL

Hello all,

I have a question about the SSL-handling in tomcat 5.
The Apache Webserver has a feature, that allows to send not only the last
certificate of a certificate chain, but the whole certificate chain.

Example: I have a verisign certificate. The tomcat only sends this single
certificate. The apache in contrast sends also the two higher-ranking
verisign root certificates, so the browser or the client can take them to
verify the server certificate.

Is it possible to configure ssl in tomcat, that is works like the apache
webserver and sends the full certificate chain to the client?

- Jens