Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Paul Barry <pa...@nyu.edu> on 2005/05/23 16:35:45 UTC

null BLOB and byte array

I have a BLOB column in my database that can be null.  I want to map it
to a byte[], but when I do, I get a NullPointerException.  Anyway have a
good way of dealing with this?

Re: null BLOB and byte array

Posted by Paul Barry <pa...@nyu.edu>.
If I change these methods in
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.type.BlobTypeHandlerCallback, it works fine:

   public Object getResult(ResultGetter getter)
       throws SQLException {
     Blob blob = getter.getBlob();
     if(blob != null) {
         int size = (int) blob.length();
         return blob.getBytes(1, size);
     } else {
     	return null;
     }

   }

   public void setParameter(ParameterSetter setter, Object parameter)
       throws SQLException {
	if(parameter != null) {
	    byte[] bytes = (byte[]) parameter;
	    setter.setBytes(bytes);