Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Gnanaguru S <gn...@wipro.com> on 2011/08/08 13:00:38 UTC

Can Smx 4 use recently released Karaf-Cellar ?

Hi

I am using ServiceMix 4. My karaf version is 2.2.0 . I want to use
karaf-cellar. is it possible to install in the same version. Or i need to
update the karaf ?. If so how to update my karaf.

FYi: I am using Servicemix 4.4

Cheers
Guru

-----
Cheers
 Guru

Re: Can Smx 4 use recently released Karaf-Cellar ?

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guru,

The feature that you are looking for is called failover
(http://karaf.apache.org/manual/2.2.2/users-guide/failover.html) and
allows projects deployed into bundles to be installed on several
instances of Apache ServiceMix. The bundles can be started on each
servicemix instances or installed and not started. This mechanism
provides you high availability in the sense that if one server
crashes, one of the others will become the master and process the
requests. If now, you need a solution where your project (packaged in
bundles) is deployed on several instances of ServiceMix and can
process requests, then you need a loadbalancer to redirect requests to
one of the instances. Cellar will help you to replicate configs,
features, bundles between the different instances when update or
installations are required.

Regards,

Charles Moulliard

Apache Committer

Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
Twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard
Skype: cmoulliard

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Guru,

for now, Karaf Cellar doesn't provide the transport layer/proxies in
Service Registry.
So it means that you can use Karaf Cellar to have several SMX instances
synchronized, but you will not be able to "communicate" from one node to
another one.

Regards
JB

On 08/08/2011 01:00 PM, Gnanaguru S wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using ServiceMix 4. My karaf version is 2.2.0 . I want to use
> karaf-cellar. is it possible to install in the same version. Or i need to
> update the karaf ?. If so how to update my karaf.
>
> FYi: I am using Servicemix 4.4
>
> Cheers
> Guru
>
> -----