Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Girish_Kumar <Gi...@Satyam.com> on 2006/02/22 11:15:57 UTC

MustUnderstand header

Hi all,

I am getting the following exception from an Axis client trying to
consume a WCF(Indigo) service. I am not an Axis programmer, but want to
see if it can consume a WCF service. I am using Sun java studio for
creating this client.
Exception :
Did not understand "MustUnderstand"
header(s):{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing}Action,
{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing}To

org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(MustUnderstan
dChecker.java:96)
	org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:206)
	org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2784)
	org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2767)
	org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2443)
	org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)
	org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)

org.tempuri.WSHttpBinding_IProfileStub.login(WSHttpBinding_IProfileStub.
java:419)
	LoginServlet.processRequest(LoginServlet.java:62)
	LoginServlet.doGet(LoginServlet.java:106)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:747)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:860)
	sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor192.invoke(Unknown Source)

Impl.java:25)

org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil$1.run(SecurityUtil.java:249)
	java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Subject.java:517)

org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.execute(SecurityUtil.java:282)

org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.jav
a:165)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the
Sun-Java-System/Application-Server logs.

Regards,
Girish Kumar

Posted by Dies Koper <di...@jp.fujitsu.com>.
Hello Girish,

I am not sure what your question is but does my answer to Sajith (see
below: "employ a client-side handler that understands the header and
removes it from the SOAP message after processing it.") not help?

Axis 1.2/1.3 stubs do not understand other people's headers so headers
marked with mustUnderstand="1" will lead to the exception below. You'll
have to process (and then remove) the headers in client handlers.

Regards,
Dies