Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jason Bodnar <jb...@tivoli.com> on 2000/02/21 18:35:37 UTC

Session handling with Embperl on Solaris

The Embperl documentation says you need:

$Apache::Session::SysVSemaphoreLocker::nsems = 16;

if your using SysVSemaphoreLocker on Solaris.

Can you set this as ENV variable in httpd.conf or does it have to go in a
startup.pl?

---
Jason Bodnar + jbodnar@tivoli.com + Tivoli Systems

I strive for greatness but will settle for mediocrity. -- Jason Bodnar

Re: Session handling with Embperl on Solaris

Posted by Cliff Rayman <cl...@genwax.com>.
I set-up my startup.pl especially for Embperl sessions.
I didn't need one before.  Here is mine:

# cat startup.pl
BEGIN {
$ENV{EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES} = "FileStore SysVSemaphoreLocker";
$ENV{EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS}    = "Directory=/u3/sessions";
}
use HTML::Embperl;

1;

cliff rayman
genwax.com

Posted by Jason Bodnar <jb...@tivoli.com>.

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> The Embperl documentation says you need:
>
> $Apache::Session::SysVSemaphoreLocker::nsems = 16;
>
> if your using SysVSemaphoreLocker on Solaris.
>
> Can you set this as ENV variable in httpd.conf or does it have to go in a
> startup.pl?

You can set it in a startup.pl file after you done a

use Apache::Session::SysVSemaphoreLocker ;

Passing it in EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS should be also possible, but I didn't
tried that

(something like PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS "nsems=16")

Gerald

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151