Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Deblauwe, Wim" <wi...@barco.com> on 2005/03/24 17:29:47 UTC

Avoid tests being run twice when deploying

Hi,

During the night, I would like to build all my modules. Since a module might
depend on a change made in another module during that day, I want to deploy
a snapshot version to our server repository. Using the multiproject plugin,
I call the following goals:
maven clean site jar:deploy

This results in my tests being run twice. Is there a way to avoid this?

I already tried this:
maven clean site artifact:deploy

With artifact:deploy defined in my maven.xml like this:

 <goal name="artifact:deploy" description="Chooses the correct deploy goal
depending on the 'maven.multiproject.type' property (Does not do a build!)">
  <j:if test="${context.getVariable('maven.multiproject.type') == 'jar'}">
     <artifact:deploy artifact="${maven.build.dir}/${maven.final.name}.jar"
type="jar" project="${pom}"/>
  </j:if>
  <!-- More cases here for other types-->
</goal>

But this does not work because no jar is created when running the 'site'
goal!

I know there is a maven.test.skip property. Is there some way I could set
this before doing <artifact:deploy> and then set it back again afterwards?

any help would be appreciated!

regards,

Wim

Ing. Wim Deblauwe
Software Development Engineer

BarcoView - Medical Imaging Systems
President Kennedypark 35
B-8500 Kortrijk, Belgium
Tel. +32 56 233 985 Fax +32 56 233 457
www.barco.com <http://www.barco.com/>
wim.deblauwe@barco.com <ma...@barco.com>

- - - - - - - DISCLAIMER- - - - - - - -
Unless indicated otherwise, the information contained in this message is
privileged and confidential, and is intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named above and others who have been specifically authorized to
receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and/or
attachments is strictly prohibited. The company accepts no liability for any
damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Furthermore, the
company does not warrant a proper and complete transmission of this
information, nor does it accept liablility for any delays. If you have
received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the
message. Thank you.