Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Willis <wi...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/17 16:48:44 UTC

Xerces for Dummies?

I'm sure this has been covered in the past, I just can't find it in search..

I'm trying to understand Xerces-C so I can eventually get started on a
bigger XML project...  but right now I can't even understand what to do for
setting up Xerces with my projects.

I downloaded xerces-c-src_2_7_0
I'm running Visual C++ 7.1

If someone can point me to some detailed step by step instructions on how to
get started, or some very simple, sample applications, I'd greatly apreciate
it.  The documents at xml.apache.org are confusing.

My first attempt will simply be a XML step-through, Win32 Consol Project.

Sent from the Xerces - C - Users forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Xerces for Dummies?

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
Willis wrote:
> I'm sure this has been covered in the past, I just can't find it in search..
>
> I'm trying to understand Xerces-C so I can eventually get started on a
> bigger XML project...  but right now I can't even understand what to do for
> setting up Xerces with my projects.
>
> I downloaded xerces-c-src_2_7_0
> I'm running Visual C++ 7.1
>
> If someone can point me to some detailed step by step instructions on how to
> get started, or some very simple, sample applications, I'd greatly apreciate
> it.  The documents at xml.apache.org are confusing.
>
> My first attempt will simply be a XML step-through, Win32 Consol Project.

Did you look at the sample applications?

Dave