Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Fedor Druzhinin <te...@alfapay.ru> on 2003/12/19 12:48:24 UTC

[users@httpd] problem in apache 2.0.48

hi folks,

the following cgi script seems to hang apache 2.0.48:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

warn '1234567890' x 1000;
print "content-type: text/html\n\nit works!";

it looks like problem is related to the length of a warning message -
you will never see 'it works' displayed and warning never appears in the
log.

is it a know problem by any chance?

we tried it on  apache 1.3.x and it seems to be fine.
--
Fedor

Re: [users@httpd] problem in apache 2.0.48

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Fedor Druzhinin <te...@alfapay.ru> wrote:

> #!/usr/bin/perl -w
>
> warn '1234567890' x 1000;
> print "content-type: text/html\n\nit works!";
>
> it looks like problem is related to the length of a warning message -
> you will never see 'it works' displayed and warning never appears in the
> log.
>
> is it a know problem by any chance?

Yes, it's known. STDERR blocks when reaching 8k or so. Unfortunately I'm not
up to date with the state of the fix.

nd