Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Fritz Bein <Fr...@gmx.de> on 2007/08/02 16:01:04 UTC

Re: Include pdf-Images from OpenDraw

Am 02.08.2007, 13:40 Uhr, schrieb Nick and Anne Hopton
<ho...@dsl.pipex.com>:

> Fritz Bein wrote:
>
> [...]
>> I want now to use the pdflatex function, and the eps-images do not
>> appear in the output file. Thus, I tried to export the OpenDraw file as
>> .pdf. Now Lyx includes the image with a white boarder, and it does not
>> make it fitting to the page width anymore. I tried epstopdf.exe on the
>> eps-file. Same result.
>>  What attributes does the pdf-file need? Are there any export options
>> from OpenDraw I need to switch on/off? I did not find any.
> [...]
>
> I'm not sure if Open Draw is intended to be used like this, it doesn't
> appear to have the facility to select the objects that comprise the
> drawing and export them as a PDF, it just exports them as a page (with
> white space borders).
>
> You might like to try Inkscape for your drawings, this is a nice little
> package that will do everything OD will do and more. With Inkscape you
> can group all of the objects in a drawing together and then snap the
> page size to the drawing and save it as a PDF, with no borders.
>
> It's free, see:
>
> http://www.inkscape.org
>
> Regards,
> Nick.

Hi,

thanks for your hints. I tried Inkscape, but it results in the same
effect: Even though I created a new file without boaders, Lyx will not
make the file fitting in the Box. The same happens, if I convert the
eps-files with epstopdf or ps2pdf.

Maybe there's something wrong with my pdf-settings of Miktex, ghostscript,
Lyx (if these exist)? The same graphics are correct displayed in .eps.

Looking forwards to any hints where to search for the solutions.
Regards,
Fritz