Posted to user@hive.apache.org by shaik ahamed <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/11 17:08:41 UTC

unable to create external table plz corrrect the syntax

Thanks for the reply guys,

I have tried using the below cmd

 usr/local/hive-0.9.0# load data local inpath
‘/usr/local/hadoop_dir/hadoop/big_data/vender_details.txt’ into table
vender;

in the above hive path we cant load the data using the above cmd ?

In the below there  is an syntax error
plz correct it

hive> create external table vender(vender string,supplier string,order_date
string,quantity
int)['./usr/local/hadoop_dir/hadoop/big_data/vender_details.txt'] [ row
format delimited fields terminated by ' ' stored as textfile] ;

FAILED: Parse Error: line 1:90 mismatched input '[' expecting EOF near ')'
Thanks in advance

Regards
shaik.

Re: unable to create external table plz corrrect the syntax

Posted by shaik ahamed <sh...@gmail.com>.
Nitin,

       I have tried with that syntax prev and i loaded the data in to the
hive table syntax is correct .

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: unable to create external table plz corrrect the syntax

Posted by shaik ahamed <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: unable to create external table plz corrrect the syntax

Posted by shaik ahamed <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi bejoy

Posted by shaik ahamed <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply guys