Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Rahul Bhardwaj <ra...@indiamart.com> on 2015/07/22 02:52:58 UTC

Dropping index

Hi all,

We have a cluster of 3 nodes with RF 3 (2.1.2 version). We had created a
table which consists daily parsed log. Due to lack of understanding we
created few indexes on this table. It contains billions of rows. As indexes
also needs compaction it is impacting server's performance.

So we have decided to drop those unused indexes. Please let us know what
could be the consequences of dropping indexes from such a huge table . And
what steps should be followed to keep cluster stable.

Regards
Rahul Bhardwaj

--

Download IndiaMART App