Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "Omer, Farah" <fo...@microstrategy.com> on 2012/08/14 17:05:41 UTC

Issue with creating table in hbase

Hi all,

I was testing hbase integrated with Hive, and running into an issue. Would anyone has an idea what it means?

hbase(main):001:0> CREATE TABLE hbase_mstr_1(key int, value string) STORED BY 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler' WITH SERDEPROPERTIES ("hbase.columns.mapping" = ":key,cf1:val") TBLPROPERTIES ("hbase.table.name" = "xyz")

SyntaxError: (hbase):1: syntax error, unexpected tIDENTIFIER

CREATE TABLE hbase_mstr_1(key int, value string) STORED BY 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler' WITH SERDEPROPERTIES ("hbase.columns.mapping" = ":key,cf1:val") TBLPROPERTIES ("hbase.table.name" = "xyz")

                                              ^

hbase(main):002:0>

Hive version is 0.7, hbase version is 0.90

Farah Omer

Sr. DB Engineer | MicroStrategy, Inc.

Tel 703.270.2230 | fomer@microstrategy.com

1850 Towers Crescent Plaza | Tysons Corner, VA 22182

www.microstrategy.com

Re: Issue with creating table in hbase

Posted by gemini alex <ge...@gmail.com>.
it seems you didn't start hive with --aux-path as mentioned in hive hbase
integration document.

Posted by Kevin O'dell <ke...@cloudera.com>.