Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Alex Van Boxel <al...@vanboxel.be> on 2020/02/24 21:37:51 UTC

[VOTE] Upgrade gradle to 6.2

Anyone objections that I upgrade gradle to 6.2. If ok this will be done
over several commits where I will:

   - Upgrade plugins
   - Upgrade gradle to 6.2
   - See where we can use some of the new features

 _/
_/ Alex Van Boxel

Re: [VOTE] Upgrade gradle to 6.2

Posted by Alex Van Boxel <al...@vanboxel.be>.
I will

 _/
_/ Alex Van Boxel

Re: [VOTE] Upgrade gradle to 6.2

Posted by Alex Van Boxel <al...@vanboxel.be>.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-9456

I'll take it step-by-step, expect slow proces as till now haven't focussed
on Python, Go and other runners. So be patient.

 _/
_/ Alex Van Boxel

Re: [VOTE] Upgrade gradle to 6.2

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Re: [VOTE] Upgrade gradle to 6.2

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Upgrade gradle to 6.2

Posted by Luke Cwik <lc...@google.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Upgrade gradle to 6.2

Posted by Gleb Kanterov <gl...@spotify.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 9:38 AM Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 great to have our build updated, please share if there are new
> interesting features/plugin advantages we can benefit from too.
>
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 8:24 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Alex
>>
>> I also have couple of contacts at Gradle. Let me know if needed.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> Le mar. 25 f?vr. 2020 ? 08:20, Alex Van Boxel <al...@vanboxel.be> a
>> ?crit :
>>
>>> OK, great. I know someone that works at gradle, so I can ping them when
>>> I have some problems.
>>>
>>> Any other know pitfalls I can expect, let me know :-)
>>>
>>>  _/
>>> _/ Alex Van Boxel
>>>

>>> On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 7:20 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofr? <jb...@nanthrax.net>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1
>>>
>>> It makes sense.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>> Regards

Re: [VOTE] Upgrade gradle to 6.2

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Upgrade gradle to 6.2

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Alex

<[alex@vanboxel.be](mailto:alex@vanboxel.be)> a ?crit :

Re: [VOTE] Upgrade gradle to 6.2

Posted by Alex Van Boxel <al...@vanboxel.be>.

Re: [VOTE] Upgrade gradle to 6.2

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Upgrade gradle to 6.2

Posted by Luke Cwik <lc...@google.com>.
+1

Can you try testing removing -Ppublishing and no parallel build requirement
when doing the release?
(some of the Gradle release related plugins had issues when running in
parallel which manifested as build errors when doing the release).

Re: [VOTE] Upgrade gradle to 6.2

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Upgrade gradle to 6.2