Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> on 2022/01/27 10:34:53 UTC

OSUOSL problems

Hi,

Junichi has uploaded some updated PHP sig files to OSUOSL for
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/3507

This randomly 404'd in a bunch of tests, which finally went green, but
I can't download it and build locally still.

Anyone know if / where OSUOSL uses mirroring, and how long that might
take to propagate?  Or noticed similar issues to this?  Any ideas?

As we can hopefully look to wind down OSUOSL use over time, I wonder
if there's a good other location for these?

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: OSUOSL problems

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
https://github.com/netbeanshaus

...is what we need.

Gj

RE: OSUOSL problems

Re: OSUOSL problems

Posted by antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi,

Quoting a mail from Lance Aberston (this afternoon, in the
hosting@osuosl.org list, entitled "PSA: Please update polkit on all
Linux systems ASAP"):

"We upgraded all of our systems yesterday without any issues. I also
recommend everyone to enable automatic upgrades on your systems if
you're able to."

As you may know everybody is upgrading Linuxes all around the globe
because of the polkit vulnerability. Some level of interruption is
expected everywhere.

I suggest waiting a few days and see if the interruption continues or
not. We've been having periodic issues with OSUOSL, but overall the
service is pretty good, quite cheap and has served us well.

Cheers,
Antonio

Re: OSUOSL problems

Posted by Junichi Yamamoto <ju...@gmail.com>.
Oh, sorry, I completely forgot about that.

Thank you all,
Junichi

Re: OSUOSL problems

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Re: OSUOSL problems

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
Hi,

Am Donnerstag, dem 27.01.2022 um 10:34 +0000 schrieb Neil C Smith:

> Junichi has uploaded some updated PHP sig files to OSUOSL for
> https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/3507
>
> This randomly 404'd in a bunch of tests, which finally went green, but
> I can't download it and build locally still.
>
> Anyone know if / where OSUOSL uses mirroring, and how long that might
> take to propagate?  Or noticed similar issues to this?  Any ideas?
>
> As we can hopefully look to wind down OSUOSL use over time, I wonder
> if there's a good other location for these?

I assume, that "trigger-netbeans.sh" was not executed. I did this right
now and I can now (after running it and waiting a few seconds) download
the file:

https://netbeans.osuosl.org/binaries/4EA0C90D7EB03DEC5AC2AD19FE33C3A9F71AD790-phpsigfiles-1.4.zip

The README in "our" home folder says:

"To push any changes out to our secondary ftp boxes just run the
trigger scripts in your home directory"

So when it worked you might have hit the main server and when it failed
the secondary machines?

If we can still reproduce download problems it would be time to ask the
server administrators.

Greetings

Matthias