Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Witzmann Joerg <jo...@siemens.at> on 2000/03/15 17:24:20 UTC

Problem Apache+Tomcat on Linux SuSE 6.3

Hello,

I have tried to run Tomcat (v3.1_beta_1) with Apache (1.3.9) on Linux (SuSE
6.3). By using the mod_jserv.so the following error occurred:

pc8634:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat # /etc/rc.d/apache start
Starting service httpd
BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dynamic-link.h: 57: elf_get_dynamic_info:
Assertion `! "bad dynamic tag"' failed!

Can you please help me! Please send information to
joerg.witzmann@siemens.at.

Best regards, Joerg Witzmann

Jörg Witzmann
Siemens AG Austria, PSE TMN G2
Tel: +43 5 1707 / 63699
Fax: +43 5 1707 / 58659
email: joerg.witzmann@siemens.at

Re: Problem Apache+Tomcat on Linux SuSE 6.3

Posted by Shachor Gal <sh...@techunix.technion.ac.il>.
 It seems that for some reason the mod_jserv.so version that you are using
is corrupted (or just does not fit for your system).

Try to d/l the source distribution of Tomcat from
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/release/v3.1_beta_1/src/jakarta-tomcat.tar.gz

unzip it and build mod_jserv...

To build mod_jserv all you need to do is to go to
jakarta-tomcat/src/native/apache/jserv

and build a new .so file with the following  command line
apxs -c *.c -o mod_jserv.so
apxs is located under your apache distribution bin directory...

	Gal Shachor