Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve Madonna <st...@netune.com> on 2002/02/28 04:05:19 UTC

Solved: (sort of) RE: config tomcat to find jdbc driver

FYI,

Khahn and I replaced the mm.mysql-2.0.4-bin.jar file with the latest
mm.mysql-2.0.11-bin.jar file and got our application to finally access the
database.

A good troubleshooting tool was to tail the catalina.out log file for errors
while tomcat was loading/running. It showed that the 2.0.4 jar file wasn't

After that, a quick read through the README file that came with the
mm.mysql-2.0.11-bin.jar file showed that our mySQL database wasn't
configured to be accessed through tomcat correctly. Fixing those permissions
allowed our application to run and development to continue.

Thanks for everyone to sent out responses!

-Steve