Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Peter Firmstone <ji...@zeus.net.au> on 2013/04/07 08:53:57 UTC

jtsk/branches/2.2

Just a quick note, please don't modify 2.2 directly, it's a frozen
snapshot of our last release.

Please make an svn copy 2.2.1

Regards,

Peter.

Re: jtsk/branches/2.2

Posted by Greg Trasuk <tr...@stratuscom.com>.
On Sun, 2013-04-07 at 02:53, Peter Firmstone wrote:
> Just a quick note, please don't modify 2.2 directly, it's a frozen
> snapshot of our last release.
>
> Please make an svn copy 2.2.1

We have policy on this.  From
http://river.apache.org/development-process.html

"Once a release candidate is ready for a first customer release
/branches/<m.n> is branched into /tags/<m.n>.0. When support is required
for a particular release m.n, the development for a fix-release is
conducted in /branches/<m.n>. When a bug-fix release is ready it is
branched into /tags/<m.n.r> where r is a positive number and increased
for each maintenance release."

As I read it, development for the 2.2.1 maintenance release should be
done in "/branches/2.2", and then on release we'll copy to
"/tags/2.2.1".

I have verified that the "branches/2.2" branch starts from
"/tags/2.2.0".  The commit messages are somewht confusing, but the dates
support the theory that "/tags/2.2.0" is what we actually released.

Greg.