Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by CyTG <cy...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/12 15:59:25 UTC

location of pom.xml

My first post to the mailing

I must have some level of a beginners problem here, but i really cant figure
it out!

Say i have this project
C:\test\ConversionWebAdmin\src
C:\test\ConversionWebAdmin\target
C:\test\ConversionWebAdmin\logs
C:\test\ConversionWebAdmin\pom.xml

i go here
C:\test\ConversionWebAdmin\src
and run
"mvn clean install"
and it runs fine (ok tests fail, but's partially what this is all about)

Now i add the pom in continuum as a file;

file:///C:/test/ConversionWebAdmin/pom.xml

and output from the console is as follows

INFO  Continuum:default              - Created 1 projects.
INFO  Continuum:default              - Created 1 project groups.
INFO  Continuum:default              - 0 errors.
(ed. fine)
INFO  ContinuumScm:default           - Checking out project: 'Conversion Web
Administration', id: '23' to 'C:\continuum\continuum-1.1-beta-2\23'.
INFO  ScmManager:default             - Executing: cmd.exe /X /C '"cvs -z3 -f
-d :pserver:maven@xxxxxx:/cvs-repository -q checkout -d 23 Conversion"'
INFO  ScmManager:default             - Working directory:
C:\continuum\continuum-1.1-beta-2
INFO  ContinuumScm:default           - Checked out 619 files.
- and this is where trouble begins, i'll point it out loud.
    "...to 'C:\continuum\continuum-1.1-beta-2\23'"
So it checks out the project to homedirectory (set under config) and appends
"\23", then sets working directory to "C:\continuum\continuum-1.1-beta-2"

- Alright, i'll try to build this sucker and i press "Build Now", and get ..

INFO  BuildController:default        - Initializing build
INFO  BuildController:default        - Starting build of Conversion Web
Administration
INFO  BuildController:default        - Updating working dir
INFO  BuildController:default        - Performing action
check-working-directory
INFO  BuildController:default        - Performing action
update-working-directory-from-scm
INFO  ContinuumScm:default           - Updating project: id: '23', name
'Conversion Web Administration'.
INFO  ScmManager:default             - Executing: cmd.exe /X /C '"cvs -z3 -f
-q update-d"'
INFO  ScmManager:default             - Working directory:
C:\continuum\continuum-1.1-beta-2\23
INFO  BuildController:default        - Merging SCM results
INFO  BuildController:default        - Changes found, building
INFO  BuildController:default        - Performing action
update-project-from-working-directory
INFO  Action:update-project-from-working-directory - Updating project
'Conversion Web Administration' from checkout.
ERROR BuildController:default        - Error executing action
update-project-from-working-directory '
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.TaskExecutionException: Error
executing action 'update-project-from-working-directory'
    at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.performAction
(DefaultBuildController.java:432)
    at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(
DefaultBuildController.java:137)
    at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.executeTask
(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:50)
    at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRunnable$1.run
(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:116)
    at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call
(Executors.java:442)
    at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(
FutureTask.java:176)
    at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask
(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)
    at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run
(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
        Caused by:
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutorException: Could
not find Maven project descriptor.

and inspecting the log from within continuum ;
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Maven Default Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
[INFO]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Cannot execute mojo: clean. It requires a project with an existing
pom.xml, but the build is not using one.
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: &lt; 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Sep 12 15:30:55 CEST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
[INFO]

SO .. it seems like it cant find the pom.xml ? .. the very same pom.xml it
used to check out the source with!
Wonder what happens if I were to copy the pom.xml INTO the \23 directory ??
... lets try
and I press the "Build Now" again... and this time i get
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Conversion Web Administration
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [clean:clean]
[INFO] Deleting directory C:\continuum\continuum-1.1-beta-2\23\target
[INFO] Deleting directory C:\continuum\continuum-
1.1-beta-2\23\target\classes
[INFO] Deleting directory C:\continuum\continuum-
1.1-beta-2\23\target\test-classes
[INFO] Deleting directory C:\continuum\continuum-1.1-beta-2\23\target\site
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error loading property file 'C:\continuum\continuum-
1.1-beta-2\23\src\main\resources\local\webadmin.properties'

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Sep 12 15:41:59 CEST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 4M/8M
[INFO]

Well, apparently the "local\webadmin.properties" is NOT where it's supposed
to be, but that's another issue.
(based on this ONE pom.xml maven is checking out THREE different projects ..
wth is up with that, some developer foobar? problary dependencies)

Sorry for the very very long mail, feel free to ignore it all together or
just the irrelevant parts :)

The question in short; Why can continuum not find the pom.xml ? (same
behavior 1.0.3 and 1.1 beta)

Best regards
Mr.Cytg

(ps. I also get this in the log ;
ERROR DispatcherUtils- Error setting character encoding to 'UTF-8' -
ignoring.
Could that have something to do with it ? )

Re: location of pom.xml

Posted by CyTG <cy...@gmail.com>.
Emmanuel, thank you, genius :).

The scm in the pom took out an entire module, where infact it should only
take a subdirecotry (where the same pom is located for delightful recursive
directory foo'in)

Thanks again :)

Re: location of pom.xml

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.