Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com> on 2006/03/09 21:58:53 UTC

geronimo-timestamp-plugin? [was: Re: svn commit: r384169]

I've only half heartedly been following the m2 conversion, so please
forgive me if this has already been discussed...

I'm interested in why we need this.  This seems like something that
maven would already have built in.

-dain

Re: geronimo-timestamp-plugin? [was: Re: svn commit: r384169]

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@maven.apache.org/msg55743.html

Cheers
Prasad

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <el...@gmail.com>.
2006/3/9, Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>:
> I've only half heartedly been following the m2 conversion, so please
> forgive me if this has already been discussed...

Not that much. Many things were discussed back and forth, but I'm glad
you've asked about it as the results might be misleading. The more
people keep an eye on it, the better.

> I'm interested in why we need this.  This seems like something that
> maven would already have built in.

As Prasad has already answered, there's no such a plugin in M2 and
Anders found out a way to generate the geronimo.properties during the
build. It was previously done using Jelly (maven.xml) and there seemed
to have been a need for such functionality in M2, too. As Anders
submitted the plugin, it turned out that maven-antrun-plugin did the
job very well (see
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/geronimo/trunk/modules/system/pom.xml?content-type=text%2Fplain).
So, I committed the plugin into the sandbox space in belief that it
would eventually be used  instead of the antrun plugin as a
tailor-made solution. There's no use of it in our source, so we can
easily remove it, too.

> -dain

Jacek

--