Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com> on 2005/09/11 16:04:12 UTC

[M2] maven-ear-plugin

I'm bootstrapping m2 from svn source and I cannot work out how to get
maven-ear-plugin to enter the module list into the application.xml.

My application.xml contains only the project description and that's it.

I've looked in the source code and it seems that the
GenerateApplicationXmlMojo is not getting any modules in its modules
collection - but if you look at my pom below, you'll see that the
modules are all set up there (and the .ear file looks good apart from
this application.xml).

Any help would be gladly received!

Here's my pom.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
   <groupId>org.garg</groupId>
   <artifactId>garg-ear</artifactId>
   <packaging>ear</packaging>
   <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
   <name>Garg EAR</name>
   <description>Garg Application EAR Package with EJBs and
Jars</description>
   <url>http://www.garg.com</url>
   <dependencies>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.garg</groupId>
       <artifactId>garg-delegate</artifactId>
       <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
       <scope>compile</scope>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.garg</groupId>
       <artifactId>garg-ejb</artifactId>
       <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
       <scope>compile</scope>
     </dependency>
   </dependencies>
   <build>
     <plugins>
       <plugin>
         <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
         <version>2.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT</version>
         <configuration>
           <version>1.4</version>
           <archive>
             <manifest>
               <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
             </manifest>
           </archive>
         </configuration>
         <executions>
           <execution>
             <goals>
               <goal>generate-application-xml</goal>
               <goal>ear</goal>
             </goals>
           </execution>
         </executions>
       </plugin>
     </plugins>
   </build>
   <modules>
     <module>../garg-dto</module>
     <module>../garg-subdto</module>
     <module>../garg-remote</module>
     <module>../garg-delegate</module>
     <module>../garg-ejb</module>
   </modules>
</project>

Re: [M2] maven-ear-plugin

Posted by Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
OK, done

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-871

Re: [M2] maven-ear-plugin

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Adam Hardy wrote:

I think maven-core covers this. If not, we'll adjust it.

And next time if you feel like reporting an issue and you're not sure
which component: you can also skip selecting a component. Don't let that
hold you back! :)

Thanks again!

-- Kenney

> Sure. But as a bug of maven-ear-plugin, or as a bug of some other
> component? (I would guess maven-artifact, but I'm not sure).
>

> Adam
>
> Kenney Westerhof on 13/09/05 12:47, wrote:
> > On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Adam Hardy wrote:
> >
> > That's correct, the dependency itself is not updated to reflect
> > the type of the pom associated with it, and hence type has to be
> > specified. And yes, it defaults to jar.
> >
> > However, since the type information is available in the pom, it would
> > be very convenient if m2 just propagated that back to the dependency.
> >
> > Could you please file a JIRA issue about this, so we'll get this fixed
> > when time allows it?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > -- Kenney
> >

> >>I didn't explicitly declare the type attribute in my dependency
> >>declarations. I've done that now and maven-ear-plugin has co-operated.
> >>
> >>It seems that the plugin was looking no further than that type
> >>attribute, rather than delving into the dependency's pom.
> >>
> >>Does the <type> attribute in the dependency declaration default to 'jar'
> >>if it is left out?
> >>
> >>That would be my mistake then, I think.

Kenney Westerhof
http://www.neonics.com