Posted to users@jena.apache.org by "Dr. Chavdar Ivanov" <ch...@outlook.hu> on 2021/01/20 20:27:28 UTC

RDFXML syntax rules

Hello,

When reading a model (RDFXML) Jena correctly reports errors if there is something not correct in the XML file/data - missing tag or some space not at the right place, etc.
I guess this follows some spec from W3C or else where on XML syntax. I am looking to find the source and ideally a machine readable expression of these rules XSD or some other form.
Is somebody aware of something existing?

Best regards
Chavdar

Re: RDFXML syntax rules

Posted by Hans-Juergen Rennau <hr...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
 Harri, one tip which might be of interest to you.
- For analyzing XML files (as well as JSON, CSV and HTML files), XQuery enables stupendously compact and simple solutions [1].
- For analyzing sets of XML files distributed over the file system (and or the web), Foxpath (which extends XQuery) is super convenient [2].

In case you want more information, you can contact me in private.
With kind regards,Hans-Jürgen
[1] basex.org/download
[2] https://github.com/hrennau/foxpath

    Am Donnerstag, 21. Januar 2021, 10:23:59 MEZ hat Harri Kiiskinen <ha...@utu.fi> Folgendes geschrieben:

 For a machine readable solution:

There is a Relax NG compact schema file for RDF/XML here:
https://www.w3.org/2013/10/rdfxml.rnc

For validating, you can use jing. You need to translate to schema file
first from rnc to rng with trang.
https://github.com/relaxng/jing-trang

With trang you can also get XSD schema output.

I personally use Emacs to analyze my RDF/XML files for errors. It
integrates the above-mentioned Relax NG schema, so I can both browse the
errors and try different options to fix them.

Harri Kiiskinen

--
Tutkijatohtori / post-doctoral researcher
Movie Making Finland: Finnish fiction films as audiovisual big data,

Re: RDFXML syntax rules

Posted by Harri Kiiskinen <ha...@utu.fi>.

Re: RDFXML syntax rules

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.