Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by daniel robinson <dr...@dnai.com> on 2002/06/14 00:51:33 UTC

Version Hell

I was running fine under Tomcat 4.0.3 and Cocoon 2.0.0.  As part of
migrating to an ISP I needed to switch to c 2.0.2.  so:

I downgraded to Tomcat 3.3.1 (because the install was going to be easier
and I had had trouble with 4.0.3)
It is working fine, so I installed c 2.0.2
It was ok so I installed my app (I placed the 2.0.2 libs in my lib
directory and then created a WAR)
I got this error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: No compiler found in your classpath. Make
sure you added 'tools.jar'
   at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.Javac.(Javac.java:91)

I couldn't figure out what was going on as my classpath seems to be fine
and I haven't changed ANYTHING in my system while I was doing this
upgrade.  I also attempted to put tools.jar in the common/lib of the the
tomcat dir and the web-inf/lib of my app.

Of course there is no problem running the cocoon dist. servelet.

Dan

Re: Version Hell

Posted by daniel robinson <dr...@dnai.com>.
So I put the tools.jar back in the web-inf/lib and renamed it to
javac.jar and that got rid of the problem.  Someone might want to
address why this had to happen, someone suggested I do it and based on
earlier distros it seemed correct, but it is missing from the 2.0.2
version.  Now I've got:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Stylesheet directed termination
    at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3231)

and although the archives point heavily toward a problem with the
sitemap format I don't see it.

1) This is the same sitemap I used with 2.0.0 for weeks with no problem.
2) I copied the sitemap from the cocoon tree into my tree and got the
same error.

still lookin for a little love :)

Dan