Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Douglas Service <ds...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/08 22:04:01 UTC

Re: Transition from .NET 4.5 to .NET Core 1.1 and .NET 4.6

Here is an update on the progress. It turns out that .NET Core 2.0 is now
available (https://github.com/dotnet/cli/tree/master select the master
branch as the MD file changes with the branch) and the amount of code that
we need to change in REEF is much smaller if we go to .NET Core 2.0 instead
of 1.1. With some help from .NET team we upgraded our version of the MS
Avro repository to .NET Core 2.0 and it now compiles and runs on both
Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04.

Thus I propose that we now target .NET Core 2.0 instead of 1.1 as it will
make the conversion go much faster and give us a larger API surface to use
in REEF.

Doug

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
On 2017-02-08 14:04, Douglas Service wrote:
> Thus I propose that we now target .NET Core 2.0 instead of 1.1 as it
> will make the conversion go much faster and give us a larger API
> surface to use in REEF.

+1 on this plan, as it greatly simplifies the work.

Markus