Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by p prasad <pp...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/15 20:13:00 UTC

Apache 2.0.43 issues with running cgi scripts..

I am trying to run a filter on apache 2, and accesing
a cgi script.
Using Apache 2.0.43 and 2.0.45 on Redhat Linux 7.3
(kernel 2.4.7)
We run our filter in access_checker hook. We do create
a worker� thread in the listner child process. The
regular html pages do get served, but CGI scripts seem
to hang. No errors in the error_log. If I turn
DEBUG)_CGI, I do get proper request and env.
On further investigation, it seems that the function
static void cleanup_pool_for_exec(apr_pool_t *p)
in srclib/apr/memory/unix/apr_pools.c gets hung.
getting called from
apr_proc_create
in ap_os_create_privileged_process
in run_cgi_child
in in cgi_handler
(in the child process created for cgi execution).

Within the cleanup_pool_for_exec(apr_pool_t *p)
if I don't care about cleaning pool up for the
children of p, then it doesn't seem to have any
issues.
for (p = p->child; p; p = p->sibling)
    cleanup_pool_for_exec(p);

If I remove the worker thread creation
(pthread_create()..) from our filter, the cleanup goes
fine. This happens specifically on Linux and not
solaris 2.8

-Prasad

http://search.yahoo.com