Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by didier deshommes <df...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/20 01:04:05 UTC

transientCacheSize not working

Hi,
I cannot get Solrcloud to respect transientCacheSize when creating multiple
cores via the web api. I'm runnig solr 4.2 like this:

java -Dbootstrap_confdir=./solr/collection1/conf
-Dcollection.configName=conf1 -DzkRun -DnumShards=1 -jar start.jar

I'm creating multiple cores via the core admin http api:
curl http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/cores?action=CREATE&name=tmp1
curl http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/cores?action=CREATE&name=tmp2
curl http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/cores?action=CREATE&name=tmp3

My solr.xml looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<solr persistent="true">
  <cores transientCacheSize="2" adminPath="/admin/cores" shareSchema="true"
zkClientTimeout="${zkClientTimeout:15000}" hostPort="8983"
hostContext="solr">
    </cores>
</solr>

When I list all cores currently loaded, via curl
http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/cores?action=status , I notice that all 3
cores are still running, even though transientCacheSize is 2. Can anyone
tell me why that is?

Also, is there a way to pass loadOnStartup and transient to the core admin
http api? Specifying these when creating a core doesn't seem to work: curl
http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/cores?action=CREATE&transient=true

Thanks,
didier

Re: transientCacheSize not working

Posted by didier deshommes <df...@gmail.com>.
I've created an issue and patch here that makes it possible to specify
transient and loadOnStatup on core creation:

Posted by didier deshommes <df...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.