Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jan Haderka <ja...@magnolia-cms.com> on 2012/09/05 09:05:22 UTC

Customizing org.apache.jackrabbit.server.io.DefaultHandler

Hiya,

I was looking for info about how/when data imported via DefaultHandler#importData() are persisted, but could not find it anywhere. Can anyone point me to the right place? Thx.

BTW while looking around I noticed that javadoc for org.apache.jackrabbit.server.io.VersionHandler at http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/2.4/org/apache/jackrabbit/server/io/VersionHandler.html says that #canImport method returns true if handler can run and so on, but if you look at the implementation VersionHandler will always return false on any #canImport call since versions are read only. Shouldn't that javadoc be updated?

Cheers,
Jan

Re: Customizing org.apache.jackrabbit.server.io.DefaultHandler

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
hi jan

> I was looking for info about how/when data imported via DefaultHandler#importData() are persisted, but could not find it anywhere. Can anyone point me to the right place? Thx.

as far as i remember they are persisted once the PUT/POST or PROPPATCH
request has been successfully completed in the webdav resource.

so you will find the save call in one of the WebdavResource implementations.

> BTW while looking around I noticed that javadoc for org.apache.jackrabbit.server.io.VersionHandler at http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/2.4/org/apache/jackrabbit/server/io/VersionHandler.html says that #canImport method returns true if handler can run and so on, but if you look at the implementation VersionHandler will always return false on any #canImport call since versions are read only. Shouldn't that javadoc be updated?

can you please file an issue for that? thanks
angela